2018’s 5 Top Desktops For Graphic Design
While serious hardware and software are required to do Graphic Design right, it doesn’t mean taking out a second mortgage or selling your car is required to own one. Let’s take a few minutes to really see what’s out there that’s friendly to most of our wallets!
Our goal today is finding the best desktop for you today in 2018’s market options in the Graphic Designer profession. Many desktop providers offer a wide variety of products in different categories, so that at least is a good thing.
As you review the desktops below, keep in mind simple social media graphics do not require the impressive hardware of the best desktops on the market. Online design tools for these social graphics can run very well on any of todays desktops.
- Apple iMac Pro $ 4899 https://tinyurl.com/y9sp55xr
- Best Apple Product for Graphic Design
- Insane Graphics worth every penny
- Extremely Powerful
- Top Tier Cost
- Display: 27-inch 5K Retina | Processor: 8-, 10- or 18-Core | Turbo Boost: up to 4.5GHz | Memory: 32GB | Storage: 1TB | Graphics: Vega GPU | Size: : (h) 51.6cm x (w) 65.0cm | Weight: 7 kg | Connections: 10Gb Ethernet, four Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports, four USB 3 ports, SDXC card slot
- Microsoft Surface Studio $3515 https://tinyurl.com/ydxkcd45
- Best digital Drawing Board
- Best Windows PC for Graphic Design
- Amazing screen
- Use with Surface Pen + Surface Dial
- CPU: : Intel Core i5 – i7 | Graphics: : Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M – 980M | RAM: : 8GB – 32GB | Storage: : 64GB SSD; 1TB HDD – 128GB SSD; 2TB HDD
- HP ENVY 34-b010 34-inch Curved All-in-One Computer $1861 https://tinyurl.com/yaj6w28m
- Screen Screen Screen. 34 Curved Inches!
- Best Alternative Windows PC for Designers
- QHD Quality Display
- No touchscreen
- CPU: Intel Core i5 - Core i7 | Graphics: Nvidia GTX 950M - AMD Radeon RX 460 | RAM: 8GB - 16GB | Storage: 1TB SSHD, 1TB - 2TB HDD; 256GB SSD | Display: 34-inch WQHD (3,440 x 1,440)
Apple iMac with 4K Retina display $1499 https://tinyurl.com/yaef4jfm
- Best Cheap Apple Mac for Graphic Design
- Good Price
- Great 4K Display
- Monitor Bezel is large
- CPU: Intel Core i5 - Core i7 | Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 640; Radeon Pro 555 - Radeon Pro 560 | RAM: 8GB - 32GB | Storage: 1TB HDD - 3TB SSHD; 256GB - 1TB SSD | Display: 5-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) – Retina 4K (4,096 x 2,304)
Lenovo Ideacentre 700 $1079 https://tinyurl.com/y8ohtznc
- Great Value for Money
- Great Processor
- Invest in a better mouse
- Priced to performance
- CPU: Intel Core i5 | Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 | RAM: 8GB | Screen: 27-inch Full HD (3840x2160) | Storage: 1TB HDD
You cannot go wrong with either Apple iMac Pro or Microsoft’s Surface Studio. While pricey, they deliver on all accounts. Microsoft Windows fans will have options. If you are an entry level student, and an Apple fan, choosing the entry level iMac may be your best Apple choice.
HP ENVY 34-b010 34-inch Curved All-in-One Computer was our surprise in doing our research this time. If not for anything else, that screen is killing it! It is massive and the curve is very comfortable to work with. A great choice for designers.
In our Best Bang for the Buck category, the Apple iMac with 4K Retina display stood out as the clear winner. Its combination of performance on the high end, excellent screen display, makes this one worth the price!